Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I had the 2nd treatment for a molar root canal on Thursday

Customer Question
Hi I had the 2nd...
Hi I had the 2nd treatment for a molar root canal on Thursday and have had pain ever since. the pain is now 10/10. I do not have an after hrs ph number for the dentist & he is not in the ph book.
I live in a rural location 25km from town 3hr from the city (Perth)
I am aware this tooth does not have any nerve ending, hence root canal, ?could the dentist have drilled into my jaw? or?infection as a result of my treatment.
In my home we do have cephalexin 500mg. I have only taken panadol & it is not covering my pain
What are your thoughts?
regards ***** ***** age 48yr (drugs taken. nil)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Do you have any swelling or did you have swelling prior to the root canal treatment? Are you sensitive to hot or cold? Does biting pressure hurt the tooth?

Are you still there.
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)