Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Dear Dr. Katz, Dear Dr. Katz, I did my tooth extraction 19…

Customer Question
Dear Dr. Katz,...

Dear Dr. Katz, Dear Dr. Katz, I did my tooth extraction 19 done 3 days before and done bone grafting, the collagen plug looks like its falling out. NO Pain ....is it obvious.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I did my tooth extraction tooth #19 bellow , done 3 days before and done bone grafting, looks like the collagen plug looks like its falling out. NO Pain ....is it obvious. I feel its white small spongy small peace which covers the bone grafting.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Hope its not dangerous
When i seen tthat peace came out i can see the white spot of almost quarter centimeter and i feel that its grafted bone. Is it require to do bone grafting again.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/15/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

You do not have to get bone grafting done again. The collagen plug is just for protection and the truth is,only about a third of the grafting material provides any benefit.The other important fact is that the bone in the socket will fill in with or without bone grafting.The benefit of placing grafting material in an extraction socket is minimal.

Is there anything else that I can help you with.