Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

SURE I HAVE AN ABCESSED TOOTHE. I CAN'T SEE DENTIST UNTIL

Customer Question
I AM PRETTY SURE I...
I AM PRETTY SURE I HAVE AN ABCESSED TOOTHE. I CAN'T SEE DENTIST UNTIL MONDAY. I HAVE A ZPAK AND LEVAQUIN AND NOT SURE WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE BEST. THE LEVAQUIN IS 750....
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Please give me a bit more information, so the Dentist can help you best.
Customer: THROBBING PAIN IN MY UPPER GUM....HAVE ALL MOLARS CROWNED, VERY SENSITIVE.
JA: Is there anything else the Dentist should be aware of?
Customer: DON'T THINK SO.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
3/12/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago
Stewart Shernan

Hello there,

The Zpak (azithromycin) is probably the better choice for a dental abscess. I'd suggest calling your dentist's office and discussing your situation with them. Most dental offices have emergency contact information and phone numbers. Clearly, this sounds like a dental emergency. Your dentist can also call in a prescription for additional or alternative antibiotics if needed. He or she may also be able to see you before Monday since your pain level is quite high. In the interim, Advil is a suitable over the counter pain medication. Of course, with severe pain, Advil may not entirely relieve it. I hope your dentist can help you with this issue soon.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answeryour question. If not, a positive rating would be much appreciated.

I hope you're feeling much better soon,

Dr Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. I'm here to help - and happy to do so. If not, I'd appreciate a positive rating.

I hope you're feeling 100% very soon.

Dr Shernan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much for your help. Sammy dentist today. Will finish zpak since started already, no infection yet. Pulpitis. Percocet for pain and root canal Monday morning unless cancellation sooner. Thanks for your help. Always on a weekend.
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 1 year ago

My pleasure. I'm sorry for your issue. But I'm her to help - and happy to so. Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions in the future.

A positive rating would be much appreciated - that's how I'm paid for my effort.

Feel better,

Dr Shernan

Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan