Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Will continued use of Cold EEZ cough drops cause tooth

Customer Question
decay?...
will continued use of Cold EEZ cough drops cause tooth decay?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
3/1/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

Hi there - Dr Shernan here. I'd be happy to assist you with your question.

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago

Hello there,

Cold EEz cough will not contribute significantly to tooth decay. This is because, unlike many and most "lozenge" type cough or cold drops,Cold EEZ sugar-free lozenges are just that : sugar free - neither natural sugars (such as honey or maple syrup) or otherwise. So it does not "feed" the bacteria that ultimately cause tooth decay. the sweetener in Cold-eez iz Zinc Gluconicum - also known as inc Gluconate. It is actually a Zinc salt. It is not cariogenic (cavity causing) by chemical nature. That's a very good thing !

Let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise a positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Be well,

Dr shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi Rich,

If you need additional information to answer your question let me know - I'd be happy to provide it. Otherwise a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi Rich,

Please let me know if you need additional information from me to answer your question. I'm here to help and happy to do so. Otherwise a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Be well,

Dr Shernan