Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

I have a lump that I can feel inside my nose but it feels

Customer Question

I have a lump that I can feel inside my nose but it feels like it's coming from my broken tooth. Is this bad?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a front tooth that had a filling that fell out. The tooth ended up breaking and some darkness is exposed. No pain but I feel a lump in my nose right on top of the tooth
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dentists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

It is common for an issue with a front tooth to feel as though the discomfort is in or around the nose. This is because the roots of the front teeth are under and just behind the nose. thus, when there is a problem with related discomfort with these teeth, it often feels just as you have described. It's likely that you have either inflammation of the nerve of the tooth or possibly infection at the periapical (tip of the root) area of your broken tooth, although it's not possible to determine with certainty without a clinical exam and xrays. It would be wise to have a dentist have a look. If you have an infection, it should be treated as soon as you can. The dentist may determine that antibiotics are necessary.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

Let me know if you nee any additional information to answer your question. If not I'd appreciate a positive rating.

Thanks - and be well,

Dr Shernan