Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

When I chew food on the left side of my mouth I notice an…

Customer Question
When I chew food...

When I chew food on the left side of my mouth I notice an odd taste. What could be causing this?

Doctor's Assistant: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

I have had a lot of dental work done lately. I also have sinus trouble on the left side of my face. My gums have been infected too. My mother who is 95 is very ill, so there is some stress in my life.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Doctor now?

Yes.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
2/25/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

There are many things that could be causing a bad taste in your mouth.I would need to know exactly what was done and see some xrays of your mouth to be able to give you an accurate answer.Frequently, periodontal abscesses or abscessed teeth can produce a bad taste in the mouth.If you have been diagnosed with periodontal disease,this is another common cause.Sinus infections or sinus perforations after extractions are one of just a host of other causes for a bad taste while chewing.Can you be more specific about what was done or upload some xrays of your mouth if you have them?.Other things to consider are loose crowns,broken fillings and temporary crowns that have just been placed.Do you have any swelling or do you have any sinus congestion at this time? Have you been placed on an antibiotic?

Are you still there? Do you need any further information?