Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

What is ranula and mococele? Thnaks for answer me?

Customer Question
what is ranula and mococele? Thnaks...
what is ranula and mococele?
Thnaks for answer me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
2/22/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

Hello there,

A "mucocele" is an essentially harmless cyst centered on on a salivary gland. It can occur in response to trauma (being struck) or when a salivary duct becomes blocked or ruptured. A "ranula" is type of a mucocele found on the floor of the mouth. Sometimes mucoceles resolve by themselves. But if large or bothersome it is wise to consult with your dentist about appropriate treatment, which may range from simple massaging and warm salt water rinsing to minor surgical removal.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive rating.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi Feven,

I always do my best to properly answer questions regarding peoples dental concerns. Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dr Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago

Let me know if you need additional information to answer your question. Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive rating. That's how we receive payment for our work.

Thanks,

Dr Shernan