Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have pain on and off in a root canal tooth I bit down on…

Customer Question
I have pain on and...
I have pain on and off in a root canal tooth I bit down on hard toast told I has bruised the ligaments advised to take ibuprofen this was 5 weeks ago still not settled. Have had X-rays and been given a gum shield also the tooth in question has been filed down to make my bite more comfortable. Really had enough could it be fractured ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
2/22/2016
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Just Dental Truths!

Sadly yes... It could well have a hairline fracture. Of course that's NOT what you want to hear, but it is very possible.

Can you possibly get into your Dentist tomorrow, and have it looked at? One way or another they should be able to assess it's needs/ your pain!