Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I lost one tooth and the root is in the gum and I have

Customer Question
infection in my teeth and...
I lost one tooth and the root is in the gum and I have infection in my teeth and my dentist
says that I need to have my teeth extracted? What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
2/20/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

Hello there,

If you have broken roots in your gums they do need to be extracted. If your teeth and gums are infected they may well also require extraction. It depends upon the severity of the infection and how much remaining supportive bone exists. If you have lost a good deal of bone in the gums are badly infected it is likely that they will need to be extracted. You can then have either dentures or implant supported restorations place to restore your mouth.

Please let me know if you need additional information to answer your question . Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive response. Be well, Dr. Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago

I always do my very best to answer questions about people's dental needs. If you need additional information to answer your question please let me know. Otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.

Be well,

Dr Shernan

Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan