Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My little girl who is 2 years 8 months bumped her top two…

Customer Question
Hi, my little girl who...
Hi, my little girl who is 2 years 8 months bumped her top two teeth on her brothers knee yesterday when they were playing. There was a very small amount of blood aroynd the top edges of the teeth at the time. She cried and since has complained they hurt. They dont feel wobbly or anything. I am just concerned they will discolour or there is a problem because she is saying they hurt. Shes reluctant to eat or drink because of it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/20/2016
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

This kind of an injury doesn't seem to be so serious. Moreover, the discolouration would happen only over a period of time. Also, the teeth haven't become mobile.

The bleeding is common, that is from the gums.

The pain is due to the concussion. I suggest you take her to a Pediatric Dentist for a X ray to confirm the extent of the injury. Also, a painkiller (in the form of a syrup) will help.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.

I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere