Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

3 weeks ago had fillings placed on 13-15 was told 16 should…

Customer Question
3 weeks ago had fillings...
3 weeks ago had fillings placed on 13-15 was told 16 should be extracted severe decay - one week later pain persisted in fact after the fillings the pressure became worse and pain radiated to left nostril. After seeing an endodontist and have root canals on 13-15 pain became unbearable. Initial pain was a sharp like pain seeming to originate from under 14. Was placed on augmentin- all radio graphic studies including X-rays and ct were negative for abscess or fluid collections but positive for fractures in all 3 teeth. Was sent to an oral surgeon who extracted 13 and 16 no change 3 days later 14 and 15 extracted with recommendation for implants. Pain is now more severe especially in area where 14 was. Pressure intermittent throbbing and deep. i just started a medrol dose pak with cefuroxime- is this ok and plz help with understanding of why the pain is still there if the teeth are gone I'm worried thx kevin
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
2/18/2016
Dentist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

Do you take any medication other than this?

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply.