Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I need a mouth guard that will prevent my tongue from

Customer Question
I need a mouth...

I need a mouth guard that will prevent my tongue from pushing out my teeth at night. I had a wonderful orthodontist who made one for me several years ago. He has retired. No one knows how to remake this type of night splint. It was a full upper splint. It stopped my teeth from moving around by preventing my tongue from pushing on my teeth. Also stopped the clenching. Is there anything over-the-counter I could use? I have called a number of orthos about this.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I had full orthodontic metal appliances and did not wear a retainer. I had a very nice bite for twenty years until I started wearing a BIPAP about four years ago. Nasal pilllows only. The mask was a strap-type mask and started messing up my bite within a few months. I had to have all four front lowers crowned with a retainer bridge. Now the uppers are moving.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
2/14/2016
Dentist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What over the counter devices have you tried?

What town/state do you live in and how far can you travel for care?

Will you be paying cash for this work?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.