Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My 11year old son has a molar trying to come in it has not…

Customer Question
Hello my 11year old son...
Hello my 11year old son has a molar trying to come in it has not broke the skin yet ..he is complaining of jawand ear pain..is this normal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
2/11/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

Hello there - yes, the pain you seem to be describing sounds normal. There is a phenomenon know as "referred pain". This is an issue where a problem from one tooth radiates to a different or adjacent area. If the pain is significant over the counter pain medication is indicated. If the pain persists I would certainly recommend consulting with his dentist for definitive diagnosis and treatment.

Hope this helps.

Dr Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago

Let me know if you need additional information from me. Otherwise I'd appreciate a positive rating.

Thanks,

Dr Shernan