Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Have a pain under tooth lower tooth # 20 Tooth does not hurt…

Customer Question
Have a pain under tooth...
Have a pain under tooth lower tooth # 20
Tooth does not hurt and shows clean on xrayit hurts inside on jaw way down on the end jaw and where salivary gland starts.
When I gargle with salt water and peroxide a sharp pain occirs right down to the chin last a few seconds then goes awayany thoughts
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/9/2016
Dentist: OZ247,
 replied 2 years ago
OZ247

If tooth seems ok on x-ray it does not mean all is ok. the nerves that supply the tooth may have become very sensitive. also the gums may be very sensitive too. best to clean teeth twice a day with toothpaste like sensodyne pronamel, use of original listerine mouth wash (keep the mouth wash in mouth for at least 2 minutes), gently apply some toothpaste on the affected tooth and gum at night before going to bed. Do this for at least 4 weeks. It may help. If however you get high temperature or earache then best to seek urgent medical help.

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine