Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

What can be done for the pain of osteonecrosis?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
2/2/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

Hello there,

Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) are often prescribed for the pain from osteonecrosis. As you probably know, osteporosis is a difficult issue to successfully treat. And treatment must be tailored to the individual patients needs. Sometimes surgical debridement (cleaning) of the necrotic bone can help. The use of antimicrobial rinses also helps reduce the risk of infection. In addition, your dentist or physician may prescribe antibiotics and recommend a soft diet. If you wear dentures, he or she may recommend not using them when possible. Ask your dentist or physician before using any treatment type.

Hope this helps. Please feel fre to ask any additional questions.

Dr Shernan

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago

Do you need any more information from me ? If not, please leave a rating.

Be well,

Dr Shernan