Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a throbbing headache on my right side in my eye

Customer Question
socket area thru the back...
I have a throbbing headache on my right side in my eye socket area thru the back of my head
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
1/31/2016
Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

Hi there. Sorry to hear you're in such pain. There are many possible causes for your issue. I don't believe it's a dental issue. However, I've had patients who have had a sinus infection resulting in throbbing pain that "radiates" to the face and / or eye socket. This would require a prescription of antibiotics by your doctor. Another possible cause is migraine headache. This can also cause severe eye pain and headache. Excedrin, NSAID's such as Advil or Naproxin could help. There are, of course, many other possible causes. I'd urge you to consult with your physician as soon as it's convenient.

Hope this helps. And feel free to ask me any additional questions.

Dr Shernan

Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan