Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan,
Experience:  Owner, Practitioner at Stewart D. Shernan, DMD
91828904

Im examine my tongue and it seem like i have teeth marks on

Customer Question

Hello...im examine my tongue and it seem like i have teeth marks on my tongue and side of cheeks...my tongue appear to look pale white as well
Category: Dental
Expert:  Stewart Shernan replied 1 year ago.

Hi there - What you are describing could have a wide array of causes, but possibly normal. It is common for people to have a white line on each cheek at the area where the upper and lower teeth come together. This is known as the "Linea alba". These white lines you refer to on the sides of your tongue and on your cheeks, where your teeth come together is likely sign that you are biting your tongue and cheek. It's fairly common in the general population. Often this is related to a simple habit and / or stress. If your tongue is pale it may be due to a wide array of causes including anemia, fungal condition - or quite harmless and "within normal limits". But I would recommend seeing your dentist or physician in order to accurately diagnose your condition - especially if you've noticed recent "change" in the appearance.

Hope this helps. And feel free to ask additional questions.

Dr Shernan