Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

My front tooth porcelain veneer just popped off I am wanting…

Customer Question
My front tooth porcelain veneer...
My front tooth porcelain veneer just popped off I am wanting see what I can get to glue back without going to dentist
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
1/28/2016
Dentist: Dr. Hegland, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist

Did the veneer just pop off now, do you have a picture? How old is the veneer? Do you plan to follow up with the dentist soon or not at all?

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

Porcelain veneers are "bonded" to the tooth using a multiple step process including etching the tooth(if enamel is present), and using an adhesive system designed to bond porcelain to tooth structure. Unfortunately conventional adhesive systems simply won't work. Equally important, excess adhesive material MUST be completely removed from the area surrounding the veneer after it is rebonded to prevent gingival (gum) inflammation and other issues. I wish I could tell you to Super Glue it your bathroom, but that would be a very bad idea. You'll need to see a dentist to have the veneer properly prepared and rebonded.

Hope this helps,

Dr Shernan

Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan