Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I just got dental implants--with 8 titanium posts. the posts…

Customer Question
I just got dental...

I just got dental implants--with 8 titanium posts. the posts have been in six months, all ok i think. but the dentures themselves--i think there may be a problem sore throats, headaches. i hope this isn't true cuz it cost so much

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Teeth extracted last summer, doctor put posts in, waited six months, dentures in now, throat sensitivity

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
1/27/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Have you been back to the dentist to have any adjustments done on these dentures?Are the pains in your head on the sides near your ears?

Are you still there?

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

The sore throat may be due to sleeping with your mouth open, which may be the result of improper "Occlusion" - the way your denture teeth come together in contact when you close together. The headaches mayalso be related to your "occlusion". I would ask the dentist to evaluate your "occlusion", or "bite" after explaining your symptoms to him. This could be a relatively simple way to correct your issue. It is much less likely that the implants, themselves, are the basis of the problem.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Shernan