Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

I have a tooth in the back its not in all the way I think…

Customer Question
Hey I have a tooth...
Hey I have a tooth in the back its not in all the way I think it's a wisdom tooth and it's black what to do making my jaw swell
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/26/2016
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

You need to get to a dentist ASAP so that an X ray can be made of the tooth. Your description suggests that it is decayed and infected, and it needs to be removed.

Till you can see a dentist, please alternate between Advil and Tylenol every 6 hours.

Hope this answers your question. Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you.

I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dentist: Veronica Stahl, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Veronica Stahl
Veronica Stahl, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi , looks like you have a wisdom tooth with gum inflamation , rinse mouth with a Perio-Aid or Corsodyl , and see a dentist ASAP .

Best regards

Dr V

Dentist: Stewart Shernan,
 replied 2 years ago
Stewart Shernan

While it's not possible to diagnose your issue with certainty without xrays and a clinical exam, your symptoms and signs are consistent with probable infection. This can be due to "pulp exposure" (decay that has progressed into the tooth pulp causing infection and abscess) or "pericoronitis" (infection resulting when food debris becomes lodged between the tooth ang gum. Perio-Aid or a dilution of basic peroxide rinse can be helpful. Even salted tap water rinsing oten helps. But you are probably in need of antibiotics, and it would be wise to see a dentists asap to fully address the problem.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Shernan

Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan
Stewart Shernan