Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

Are you real? when i jump up or down, shake my head, or any…

Customer Question
Are you real? ...

Are you real?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

When i jump up or down, shake my head, or any other type of motion similar to a quick change of motion with my head, i have a weird type of pain on my entire top set of teeth (just the molars..all of them). If i had to describe the pain, its makes it feel as if my molars are just ganna fall right out of my mouth. and the pain is more-so on the top of them.. like inside my gums. I've had this pain before, but it was temporary and quite long ago.. maybe a year

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
i should be more clear that the pain is only in the top molars, and feels like its coming from the inside of the gum tissue (& if i had to guess, it feels like its right by my roots... but i cant be sure because im No dentist!), and as if they are just going to fall out.. but my teeth are strong. I will floss at LEAST once a week, and i'[ll brush 2-3 times a day. Soda drinking is very limited.
ill note that while im clinching my jaw and shake my head, the pain is more limited
1/26/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Have you had any form of congestion,runny nose or had a cold or flu within the past couple of weeks?Is the pain on both sides?

Are you there?

The type of pain that you are describing normal is caused by sinus issues.They can be either viral or bacterial.If these symptoms have been presenting themselves for over 10 days and there has been no improvement ,starting on amoxicillin 500 mg every 8 hours for 10 days usually does the trick.If the symptoms are leaving or getting better,using something like Claritin can help.Combining both methods with an anti-inflammatory like Advil every four to six hours will also cut down on the discomfort.

If you need more information ,please ask.If not please supply a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site.Thanks.