Dental

Ask a dentist. Get answers to your dental questions.

After several bonding and a few old silver filings removed…

Customer Question
After several bonding and...

After several bonding and a few old silver filings removed and refilled my mouth is just plain crazy> i have burning lips on fire, excessive saliva weight loss due to things not tasting right and just the thought of food getting stuck between 2 teeth oh my my god, tooth picks peices of business cards folded up corners of paper anything to stick between the 2 teeth! i find it soothing 2 rub ora gel thru my gums upper and lower and smile, its like a quick temp happy feeling. why so crazy? yes i had labs checked vitamins and such at a loss. only 50, any clue?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Such as

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/26/2016
Dentist: Dr. Hegland, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Hegland
Dr. Hegland, Dentist

How long has your symptoms been going, days? Weeks? Are the fillings composite fillings, and are they in front or back/ both sides of mouth? Would you classify your mouth as itchy or burning tongue? Final question is was food getting stuck frequently between teeth before replacement? These answers will help me give you more specific info. Pictures or X-rays help too.

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine