Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I was fine last night and today when i woke up one specific

Customer Question
tooth hurt a lot. i...
i was fine last night and today when i woke up one specific tooth hurt a lot. i couldn't put any pressure nothing on it. cold or warm doesn't bother it just pressure.
throughout the whole day the pain has passed to the whole left side of my mouth top and bottom the pain is killing me i'm desperate. i'm seeing my dentist tomorrow but idk what to do about the pain. I looked at my gums and they seem to be fine a little swollen but that's it. i've never had any dental problems in my life, or pain like this.help!?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/5/2016
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Just Dental Truths!

So sorry about your dental problem.

The likeliness that you have two teeth or areas bothering you are quite slim, as you mentioned both top & bottom pain. So, presumptuously, I would tend to think your pain for both top & bottom are near the rear portion of the mouth. The rear area, can and often tends to lead, more often, to having pain on the top & the bottom both.

The very best news, is you have made the Dental appointment for tomorrow! As it is impossible for me, without an exam or x-rays to determine specifically what the problem is. But, it could be one of several things, anything from some tartar build up & annoying your mouth , gums, etc., as well as a possible abscess?

Again, I do NOT know the cause of the problem. But your Dentist tomorrow will almost undoubtedly be able to fix & rectify the problem, whatever it is. So, I hope this helps you, at least a small amount... and I indeed wish you all the best tomorrow.

I feel confident that by tomorrow, you will feel much more relaxed and realize that this can be & will be fixable and you can soon return to normalcy!! All the best to you. Dr. Rampton

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine