Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have today had a cracked filling removed which was deeply

Customer Question
Hi. I have today had...
Hi. I have today had a cracked filling removed which was deeply set and the tooth has been prepared for a porcelain crown. However the dentist has not put on a temporary crown. I do not have any pain, but the sensitivity even to air I am breathing is quite apparent. - The porcelain crown will be ready in 5 days. Will this sensitivity decrease or should I contact the dentist again? BTW, I live in Dubai and it is 1:15 Am now ( I am unable to sleep, hence my question). thanks Rod
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
1/4/2016
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Are you saying that the dentist did the preparation of the tooth,took the impression and did not place a temporary crown?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct

That is what we would refer to in the US as negligence.There is no wonder that you have sensitivity.Your dentin is exposed and this layer of your tooth is not protective.The enamel of the tooth has been removed and you need a temporary crown to protect it.If I were you,I would find his emergency number , wake him up and ask him what on earth he was thinking.I have never heard of such a thing in my life.You are not in any immediate danger but I would be in his office first thing in the morning and demand that a temporary crown be placed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thanks. I will sit on his doorstep tomorrow.

If he has any questions about what he did,let him know that he can contact me and I will explain it to him for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

You are welcome.Some ibuprofen 400 to 600 mg every four hours should help with the pain.When you get a chance ,please supply a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site Thanks.

Is there any other information that you need?

Did you get a temporary crown placed on that tooth yet?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)