Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a small spot on my bottom lip where my teeth meet. It

Customer Question
I have a small white...
I have a small white spot on my bot***** *****p where my teeth meet. It is super small but I'm scared it may be something I need to get looked at...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
12/28/2015
Dentist: Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 1 year ago
Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Hi Teresa,

If you can upload/attach a photo it would help in the diagnosis.

You can use this link for instructions: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert .

You can use the "PAPER CLIP ICON" , or you can also use a photo hosting site like http://imgur.com/ and then paste the url in your answer.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just did but like I said it's very hard to see

Hi Teresa, I believe I see the area you are talking about. It appears to be slightly raised if I am looking at the right spot. However, you will be happy to know that everything in the photo is perfectly normal. You will get white spots, raised areas, slight bumps, etc. that are just minor salivary glands that clog with debris and become obvious to you but they are completely harmless. Some will disappear completely and some never will but that is no cause for concern because everyone has them and as you age you will see more of them and they can be even more pronounced. You only need to be concerned if you get ulcers, swellings, red irregular borders, etc. that do not disappear in 2 weeks but yours is nothing like that. So, you are good to go with no worries. Hope this helps. Please remember to accept our conversation so that I get credit for responding. Thanks and have a great week!.

Root Canal Doctor
Root Canal Doctor