Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a red swollen tongue with small red bumps and two

Customer Question
yellow bumps on the sides...
I have a red swollen tongue with small red bumps and two yellow bumps on the sides of my tongue as well as white spots near the yellow bumps. My tongue hurts and I can't swallow, what are the possible causes of this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
12/20/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

To help me make a better diagnosis, can you upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Rather than a bump, this looks like a ulcer. Do you get such ulcers often? Do you remember biting your tongue?

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine