Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

My second front top tooth on the left fell out but there is

Customer Question

Customer: my second front top tooth on the left fell out but there is still the root and some of the the top of the tooth is left . it has decay and it had a veneer on it which is still completely intact in the part that fell off. I went to the dentist the tooth with the veneer intact and he repaired it( it fell off the next day. the dentist is a reputibule one and said i should get a crown. i can't really afford it at this time unless its the only option.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 8 veneers on my top 8 and bottom eight. Their is considersble decay at the gumline on the top cause of either the placement of the veneers or poor hygienge. I think the dentist I went to to deal with the tooth that had fallen out possibly used some kind of dental glue and said to be careful chewing on it which i was.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dental Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

If your tooth broke off at the gumline,the only way to repair this type of problem is to place a post in the tooth and build up a new core.If the tooth has not been root canaled previously,it will need to be root canaled before the post is placed.Can you upload a picture of what you have now remaining of this tooth so we can both be on the same page?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Are you still interested in how to save this tooth??