Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My 7 year old daughter came home complaining that her mouth

Customer Question
was bothering her at school...
My 7 year old daughter came home complaining that her mouth was bothering her at school yesterday.. But then didn't say anything else until this morning.. When I looked we saw and felt a red blister along her gum line above her top second to last molar we brushed along the gum line and flossed really good she had some bleeding gums and then she said she had a bad taste in her mouth and now her cheek is sore but the blister isn't as bad... Help please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
12/18/2015
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Just Dental Truths!

So sorry of your daughter's mouth problem...

Without an x-ray and seeing it - it is difficult to say with 100% certainty, but the likelihood that one of her primary molars may have a cavity or is abscessing is very potentially the problem. If it is one of these more likely scenarios mentioned above, then they are all generally quite easily remedied and fixable by the Dentist who you prefer to go to. And, that is my recommendation, to schedule to see the Dentist of your choice. He or she can then take an x-ray and FIX the problem. In the interim of time, you may deem it a prudent idea to givr your child some child tylenol? Let me know if I can assist further - OK? Dr. Rampton

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine