Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have had a tooth that has a piece of tooth cracked off

Customer Question
from the root for over...
I have had a tooth that has a piece of tooth cracked off from the root for over 2yrs now and it's been rotten for a maybe a year in a half , the gum between the tooth has swelled up and now pretty Mich takes up the space where my tooth was ...Im not sure
if it's what's causing my blurred vision lately or my heart that's starting to feel funny , all I know is when I sleep with a glycerin coated cloth on it in my mouth at night I feel overall better the next day.. what should I do moving forward.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/15/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

I can assure you that the broken tooth and the swollen gum have nothing to do with your blurred vision, or the funny feeling in your heart. Of course, the tooth needs to be treated, but your other symptoms are much more important.

Please see a physician for your eyes and heart immediately.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fact that my rotten tooth is right underneath my side cheek I assumed me just swallowing saliva would be bad since my tooth does ooze some type of brown rotting fluid

If you are swallowing pus, that is not good. But that still has nothing to do with your vision and heart.

Those are more important, but get those treated first, then the tooth.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask me anything more.

If my answer has helped you,please leave a positive rating.i do not get credit for it otherwise.

Regards

Dr Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist