Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

I HAVE a lower paetial denture is 4 year old that is stuck

Customer Question

I HAVE a lower paetial denture is 4 year old that is stuck kin my mouth cant remove it it recently got stuck in my mouth should i ger another paetial denture or stay with the srtuck denture i have no triuble earimg
Category: Dental
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld, DDS replied 1 year ago.

One of the benefits of removable partial dentures is that they afford superior means of cleanliness, but you only enjoy that benefit if your partial is removable. So, aside from the implied damage to your denture as implied by its locked-in state, and notwithstanding the fact that you're otherwise able to chew well with it, you sacrifice the ability to keep it and the teeth under its clasps clean. This can lead to gum inflammation and tooth decay.

Often times, partial dentures that become locked in place do not need replacement, but a simple adjustment. I would recommend that you arrange to see your dentist so that the denture clasps can be modified to make it easier for you to take out your denture, and that will allow you to take full advantage of your denture and keep your mouth healthier by maintaining more effective oral hygiene.

Hope this helps...