Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA
2883465

Cat, wisdom tooth pain my face has swollen on the side that

Customer Question

Customer: Cat, wisdom tooth pain my face has swollen on the side that is hurting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had a mild infection in this same tooth before, about 4/5 months ago. I was given amoxicillin and it cleared up I have a mouth guard at night because I grind my jaw in my sleep. I woke up this morning with my face swollen and in severe pain. The teeth that are being worn down are my back teeth and wisdom tooth I'm not sure if its related but I only woke up with it today, I've never had pain like it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dental Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr Stuart P Todd replied 1 year ago.

Hi there my name is*****'m a general Dental Practitioner in the UK with over 10 years experience. Firstly I am sorry to hear of your problem with your teeth. I note you are having problems with one of your wisdom teeth with associate pain and swelling. You have had this problem In the past for which you were prescribed antibiotics for. I also note you wear a night guard for grinding.

Firstly I need to ask a few questions .... How would you describe your pain? Is there any altered tastes? What makes the pain better and worse? Do you have problems opening and closing your mouth? Do you feel generally unwell? Are you having difficulty breathing or swallowing?