Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a tooth that is hurting bad. It has gotten lose. Can

Customer Question
I have a tooth that...
I have a tooth that is hurting bad. It has gotten lose.
Can I get an antibiotic online with out an appointment.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/30/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

If your tooth is hurting badly, you need anti inflammatory medication.

A very good way to control dental pain using over the counter medications is to switch between taking 400 milligrams of ibuprofen (e.g., 2 tablets of Advil), and 1000 milligrams of acetaminophen (e.g., 2 tablets of extra-strength Tylenol) every 3 hours. Be careful not to use these medications if you have had previous adverse reactions to either, or if you have had gastritis or peptic ulcer disease in the past, or if you have liver disease.

Please start taking these, and get an appointment with a dentist for the tooth. An antibiotic is needed only when there is active sign of an infection like pus or a swelling.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist