How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Katz Your Own Question
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 3490
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. Katz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've got a minor skeletal underbite. Is there any other

Customer Question

i've got a minor skeletal underbite. Is there any other treatments to correct this apart from jaw surgery.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

If the underbite is slight and you are young,your problem may be resolved with brackets and bands.I would need to see pictures of your mouth and the way your teeth come together to be able to make that determination.For a definitive decision,consulting with a board certified orthodontist would be the best route to take to confirm that you are a candidate for this type of treatment.If you could post pictures of your teeth in a closed and open position,I may be able to give you a more accurate assessment of what your situation is.