Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I've got a minor skeletal underbite. Is there any other

Customer Question

hello,
i've got a minor skeletal underbite. Is there any other treatments to correct this apart from jaw surgery.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

If the underbite is slight and you are young,your problem may be resolved with brackets and bands.I would need to see pictures of your mouth and the way your teeth come together to be able to make that determination.For a definitive decision,consulting with a board certified orthodontist would be the best route to take to confirm that you are a candidate for this type of treatment.If you could post pictures of your teeth in a closed and open position,I may be able to give you a more accurate assessment of what your situation is.