How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Behere Your Own Question
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 2838
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. Behere is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have thinning enamel (due to age, dietary stupidity that I

Customer Question

I have thinning enamel (due to age, dietary stupidity that I am now correcting, etc.) and am having a minor twinge in a lower corner of a central incisor. I have had twinges here before, but I am now a bit paranoid because I ignored the warning signs of an abscess on a crowned tooth a few weeks ago. I can eat OK; no pain when eating something like a hummus sandwich, but after the food leaves and the area dries out, I have a little sensitivity. I bumped the tooth a little with the teeth opposing it this morning because I was trying to enunciate better.
At what point should I panic?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

There is no need to panic, sensitivity can be easily treated. Switch to a sensitivity to path paste immediately. Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief works great.

Brush using this paste twice a day, and give it 15 days to have an effect. If the twinges disappear, great. You can continue using this paste for a long time.

If the twinges still remain, then you probably need some professional intervention. A simple tooth coloured GIC (Glass Ionomer Cement) filling can coat the tooth surface well and protect it by insulating it from the oral cavity.

As a last resort, of this doesn't work either, then the tooth can be root canaled.

Hope this answers your question . Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!



Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.


Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Dr. Behere