Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have an implant that needs to come out. When the oral

Customer Question
surgoen takes out the implant...
I have an implant that needs to come out. When the oral surgoen takes out the implant can he put another in its place at the same sitting.Or after the implant is taken out does the area needs time/months to heal before another implant is put in?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
11/9/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

That greatly depends on what the CBCT scan or the X ray shows. Why does the implant need to come out? if there is an active infection present, then it will have to be completely taken care of before a new implant can be placed.

If the implant has come out due to any other reasons, then yes a new implant can be placed at the same time.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist