Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

When I told my dentist that my denture didn't seem to fit

Customer Question
when I told my dentist...
when I told my dentist that my denture didn't seem to fit right and that it was meeting with the molars on the bottom, that I felt like it was much too narrow and that I was constantly gagging and wretching and struggling to swallow even just my own saliva,
and getting pain in my face right up into the eye sockets, he told me that all of that is natural. I told him I can't speak correctly, my face hurts etc and all he kept saying was that it was all normal and that everyone who gets their 1st denture all have
the same reactions as me. Do you think this is true?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
sorry I meant to say that it WASN'T meeting snuggly with my bottom molars
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/4/2015
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

This is not normal.The denture needs to be adjusted properly until it fits comfortably and the teeth meet together in a normal fashion.Your dentist is not telling you the truth.The denture needs to be adjusted properly and you need to go back and demand that it is adjusted correctly until it fits right.Dentures take about 3 to 4 weeks to get adjusted to but there should be no pain and the teeth should meet comfortably.Your dentist either does not know what he is doing or doesn't want to take the time to make the proper adjustments.Either he agrees to adjust them right until the problems are fixed or ask for your money back.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)