Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have a dental question for a dentist. Is it possible to

Customer Question

I have a dental question for a dentist. Is it possible to place a fixed upper bridge onto 2 teeth that show a sllght fracture on the xray ,bridge covers tooth # 9 to 5 with the 2 teeth with fractures on #9 and #6,(I'm trying to salvage a fixed Bridge that was improperly put in.)If not should I have the teeth pulled and replace bridge with an immediate denture?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

It is a terrible idea to use fractured teeth as abutments. The prognosis of the bridge is very poor in such a case.

Yes, it would be best to get these teeth extracted.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information. Please leave a positive rating for me if this answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise.

Good Luck !

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im just following up ! Did my answer help? If yes, please leave a positive rating for me. I do not get credit for it otherwise !

If you have any further question, do write back!

Regards,
Dr. Behere