Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Much like others, I had one of my upper front teeth bonded

Customer Question
due to a chip....
Much like others, I had one of my upper front teeth bonded due to a chip. This was over two years ago. I have never adapted to the change. The tooth feels large and I'm CONSTANTLY playing with it.
I've had different dentists file, sculpt, redo or otherwise try to fix it to no avail. It is a horrible feeling that I deal with every day.
Is there any solution? Thanks so much.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
9/30/2015
Dentist: Just Dental Truths!, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Just Dental Truths!

Besides attempting to have it reshaped yet again, if the bonded area was quite large, and money not being a problem, you may want to have it crowned if the composite bonding was a large filling. I'm not saying you SHOULD do such, but if the filling/bonding was pretty good sized, then a crown could be made very smooth & shaped/contoured to look like the mirror opposite of the tooth on the other side. Exp: A central right incisor, could be made to look and feel like the left central incisor, etc. I hope this helps you. So, sorry you're having this problem...

Dr. Rampton

Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist