How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Just Dental Truths! Your Own Question
Just Dental Truths!
Just Dental Truths!, Dentist
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 1024
Experience:  29 year clinical Practioner
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Just Dental Truths! is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Much like others, I had one of my upper front teeth bonded

Customer Question

Much like others, I had one of my upper front teeth bonded due to a chip. This was over two years ago. I have never adapted to the change. The tooth feels large and I'm CONSTANTLY playing with it.
I've had different dentists file, sculpt, redo or otherwise try to fix it to no avail. It is a horrible feeling that I deal with every day.
Is there any solution? Thanks so much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Just Dental Truths! replied 1 year ago.

Besides attempting to have it reshaped yet again, if the bonded area was quite large, and money not being a problem, you may want to have it crowned if the composite bonding was a large filling. I'm not saying you SHOULD do such, but if the filling/bonding was pretty good sized, then a crown could be made very smooth & shaped/contoured to look like the mirror opposite of the tooth on the other side. Exp: A central right incisor, could be made to look and feel like the left central incisor, etc. I hope this helps you. So, sorry you're having this problem...

Dr. Rampton