Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Experience:  Masters degree, years of experience with all kinds of dental problems.
8790942

I have pain and swelling on the roof of my hard palate by my

Customer Question

Hi---I have pain and swelling on the roof of my hard palate by my front teeth. It intensifies when i am laying flat-----i think i may have a sinus infection.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer.

Sinus pain generally intensifies while bending down, rather than when lying down flat. It is also likely that this could be an abscess from one of your front teeth. Have you ever experienced an injury to those teeth in the past?

Also, is it possible for you to upload a photo of that area here?

You can refer to these step-by-step instructions to upload your photo: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Alternatively, you can just use an external photo sharing site like www.imgur.com and copy-paste the URL of the image here.

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are 2 photos-----can that area that is inflamed and painful behind the 2 front teeth possibly from a sinus infection?
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry but your photos are completely out of focus, to be of any diagnostic use. Can you take another one please?

Regards,
Dr. Behere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are 2 more photos
Expert:  Dr. Behere replied 1 year ago.

No that doesn't look like a sinus infection. You need to have the front teeth X rayed to rule out or rule in their involvement.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.

Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!

Regards,

Dr Behere