Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

I recently had bottom Implants full denture and a new upper

Customer Question

I recently had bottom Implants for a full denture and a new upper denture my question is when the first and second fitting in wax the front bite is uneven and hitting high on the left side. The tech is adamant is due to my bone loss on the side and the high spot can be adjusted after they are done. I have a hard time excepting this. I payed 12,000 for some lower extractions under anesthesia and 4 implants snap in bottom and new full upper and upgraded the quality also the first set was not upgraded and bite was not even
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

The bite and look of the denture should be perfect and to your standards before it is sent off to the lab to be processed.Bone loss has nothing to do with the way the teeth are set.Bone loss can be compensated for with the acrylic that the teeth are set in.If the teeth do not look right or if the bite is off in the wax try in stage,the bite and looks will be off in the final denture.You paid alot of money for these dentures.The tryin stage is where you need to speak up like you have.If they process the denture despite your protests,they are at fault and you should insist on a redo if the denture does not look or fit properly.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything that is unclear or do you need more information?