Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

My tooth is looking really unhealthy, it wants out of my

Customer Question
mouth and is coming out...
My tooth is looking really unhealthy, it wants out of my mouth and is coming out in pieces instead of one whole tooth. I'm scared if I don't figure out what went wrong it will happen to all of my teeth. The front of my teeth are really white and normal looking then the backside is looking more and more stained and unhealthy. I'm thinking its tooth decay. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
9/26/2015
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Has it been a long time since your teeth were cleaned in a dental office?

Unfortunately yes. I haven't had dental coverage in years.

Is it possible for you to post a picture of this tooth or area?

I just took a photo of it with a little dental kit mirror a flash light and my phone. Part of the tooth is out the last piece that you see in there is looking very unhealthy :/ I'm trying to add the photo file and it isn't loading. Should I send the photo to the text alert number instead?
Were you able to view the photo? Its the best I could manage.

The picture did not post.Try sending it to my research site at ***@******.***

Ok ,your teeth generally look fine but this tooth is decayed way beyond repair and will need to be extracted.You have only a root remaining of this tooth.This tooth has been this way for some time and finally the last piece of it broke away.It is important that this tooth be removed because this area is infected,Try to get to a dental office and at least get an xray and exam so they can see what else else is going on.Like I said,from the picture,most of the other teeth look fine.

I have scheduled an xray/ examination for ten days from now. Thanks.

Good , Keep the area clear by rinsing with some peroxide or strong salt water.If you see any signs of swelling,call the dentists office and have them place you on some penicillin 500 mg every six hours.Let me know if there is anything else that i can help you with.

When you get a chance,please supply a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site.Thanks.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)