How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray, MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Anthony Bray, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Swollen parotid gland when I eat..then goes down, had ct

Customer Question

Swollen parotid gland when I eat..then goes down, had ct scan with contrast showed nothing, I'm scared
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dental
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.


It sounds that you have blocked saliva duct from history. Follow up with ENT would be recommended here. They may be able to probe the duct and help to identify and treat problem. Often this is a stone . Such stone may be too small to be easily seen on CT images . So main thing here is follow up evaluation and care per ENT...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD