Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

Can I get over the counter glue to attach my implant?

Customer Question
can I get over the counter glue to attach my implant?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
9/19/2015
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

An implant is a titanium piece that is buried in the bone.If you have an implant,it is unlikely that you can see it or glue it.Are you referring to a crown or a cap?

The post is fine. The crown popped off. Can I get over the counter glue to reattach it is my question without going to the dentist? Nice creditials by the way :)

You can,but it will be a temporary cement only.Make sure that the crown is clean and dry ,and that you have removed all of the old cement first.The pharmacy has a couple of different cements like Dent temp or Temp bond that you can use.Do not overfill the crown and making sure the post and the inside of the crown is dry before cementing is important.They do not make permanent cement available for the public.Your dentist will have to permanently cement it.The permanent stuff is specially designed to bond to metal and tooth structure.The temp bond stuff can last for a week if the post or core is in good shape.Avoid eating Milk Duds and Jolly Ranchers.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)