Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

7 lateral incisor pain espevislly when i tap it

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2015
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

It would be difficult to make a diagnosis on your tooth from describing tapping pressure alone without an xray of the tooth.Tapping pressure could indicate a dead tooth with an abscess at the tip or it could indicate a tooth in hyperocclusion that has an inflamed ligament around it.This could occur from grinding on a tooth with a premature opposing tooth contact.Both instances are entirely different scenarios and have different treatments.If you have no swelling,there is no pimple above the tooth and there is not a large filling in the tooth,you may just be hitting the tooth prematurely.Hope this helps.

Thank you

You are welcome.When you get a chance,please leave a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on this site .Thanks

Very helpful

I think that you have to select a rating option on your screen.

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)