Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I recently came across snap on smile and was interested in

Customer Question
Hello I recently came across...
Hello I recently came across snap on smile and was interested in this for my top teeth due to severe crowding but my only concern is that due to my crowding my lateral Incisor on my left side potrudes outward quite far. Will this make me not a candidate for snap on smile?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
9/9/2015
Dentist: Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

Snap on smiles are acrylic temporary cosmetic only pieces that will fit over your teeth.They are bulky,will change youre bite,cause TMJ problems and if you have an orthodontic problem like yours,it will only make the teeth stick out more.These are essentially rip off devices that are not made to last.All of your teeth will be joined together and your lip will be pushed out about 2 -3 mm.It looks great in the commercial but these devices not only will effect your bite and speech,but if left in will cause decay.Save your money and get your teeth fixed properly.If it sounds too good to be true..it usually isn't.That is the case with these temporary fixes for appearance.The materials used are brittle and not permanent.

You may want to read some reviews from people who purchased Snap On Smiles.

http://snap-on-smile.pissedconsumer.com/

Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)