Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
65223180

My left side of my face is tingly and feeling tight. I had

Customer Question

My left side of my face is tingly and feeling tight. I had hit my right side cheek bone with my phone on accident yesterday can this have something to do with it?
Category: Dental
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 years ago.

Yes it can. The facial nerve on the side of your face has branches that are responsible for the feeling on the side of your face from your forehead down to your chin up to the midline.The branches of the facial nerve are under the skin and extend from your ear to the midline.If you have trauma to your face the feeling of tingling an sometimes numbness indicates trauma to the nerve.The good news is that it will heal on its own usually in a matter of days but in some instances can take weeks.Nerves take six months to heal bone six weeks and skin six days.Because this was a blunt trauma, and no nerve was cut,this will resolve on its own.You just need to give it some time.Ibuprofen 400 mg every six hours can help as an anti inflammatory and may give you some relief.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 years ago.

Is there any additional information that you need?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That explains my eye twitching. Thank you I appreciate it!
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 years ago.

You are welcome.I am sorry that you got hit so hard. I imagine there is at least a slight bruise.I hope that you feel better soon.When you get a chance,please supply a rating so that we can maintain good quality control on the site . Thanks