Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

About 4 years ago Dec 2011 to be exact i felt i had a lump

Customer Question
behind my 2 front teeth...
About 4 years ago Dec 2011 to be exact i felt i had a lump behind my 2 front teeth went dentist they said I have some gum disease 1's and 2's mainly no mention of the lump, had a clean and said see you in 6 months. a month or so later I noticed everytime I pressed against the 2 teeth I would spit blood this scared me so unfortunatly i buried my head in the sand a bit meanwhile my gums were pulling away so much so that I went from lifting my lip and seeing gums and little teeth to no gums and long teeth and the lump although initally hurt now no longer did although is still there.
I finally went back to the dentist July 2015 he said its all gum disease and the lump is genetic or something it happens something to do with blood vessels or something.
I again expressed my concern about the lump and the recession dentist told me they are not related and that although my gums have receded a lot my teeth are still nice and firm. They do seem to be except 1 and it's right at the front if this falls out I have no idea what I'm gonna do.... I know that it's only a matter of time.
Anyway 6 weeks on the gums appear to have receded more again I know they have because I can see and feel the difference.
Is it still gum disease In your opinion or could it be something else?
Also i have a red margin alpng the gum margin of some of my bottom teeth which I put down to marginal gingivitis because I knew I had tartar and plaque there after the clean it's still red although lighter and it even looks purple or dark pink depending on the angle I look at it I'm petrified because every time I Google my issue I get HIV as a "probable Cause" everyone keeps telling me im mad I've even asked questions on those forums and evey reply says not possible with my "risk Porfile" as they call it including this websiteas this is not possible with me but I can't help but wonder so i'm having panic attacks left right and centre
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Actually forget the phone request just reply to my email address for now please***@******.***
9/6/2015
Dentist: khagihara, Doctor replied 2 years ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Any other symptoms? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Did you have sex with someone who could have HIV? Any family medical history?

Hi I am around 5 foot 7 I've probably put on about 5kg in a year or 2 I used to be 68-70kg now around 75-76 and have been for a while no medication other than I've just started on a course of Omeprazole as my doc believes I have Gerd which is probably IMO the stress I'm feeling no family history and no PMC except Cerebral Palsy which I developed shortly after birth
oh I started to use Coldysel a few days ago which seems to have agrivated my gum disease instead of help it so I think I'll stop

What is Coldysel? Is it a cold chisel???

I meant to say Corsodyl

It sounds like gingivitis. Once it occurs, Corsodyl doesn't help very much. How did your dentist treat it?

Plaque removal scaling I believe it is called nothing else and said we'll see you in 3 months but it's been 6 weeks and I can actually feel the gums disappearing my tounge feels different levels when I press against the back which is almost gone
I am convinced myself I have ANUG because I have shallow pockets in the bottom front teeth but shouldn't a dentist have picked this up

You should go to a periodontist instead of a general dentist to have an exam and the treatment.

I need my money back I haven't come here for you to tell me I have Gingivitis or to see a peridonist I can figure that much out for myself
Dentist: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hello

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Please attach a picture

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician