How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Katz Your Own Question
Dr. Katz
Dr. Katz, Dentist - DDS
Category: Dental
Satisfied Customers: 3520
Experience:  Dentist and Anesthesiologist for 37 years.Anesthesiology Fellow-Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.Evaluator for Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
Type Your Dental Question Here...
Dr. Katz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm not sure you can help my boyfriend has already had most

Customer Question

I'm not sure you can help my boyfriend has already had most of his teeth removed but he has the bottom front the canines back are gone he has had problems with them being loose and getting every since he had trama to them in via being hit with something hard in mouth by attacker. About a week ago I elbowed him in the mouth by accident but fairly hard and he has been having a lot of swelling and pain and says his teeth move worse he has constantly been messing with them because there feels like so much pressure and now he woke up with his bot***** *****p and gums swolen so badly and a knot on his chin. I tried to get him to go to hospital cus it looks so bad and I've never seen him in pain like this but he says they can't help him he has to see a dentist and he can't because no insurance so I don't know what to do pr what's going on with him so I got online to see if I can find some way to help him. Do you have any info that might help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Dental
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correction) problem with them being loose and hurting since trauma to them*
Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 years ago.

Your boyfriend has an infection and he needs to be placed on an antibiotic right away.Any urgent care center or hospital ER can write the prescription for him but neither will provide any dental care.At this point, controlling the infection is your prime concern.These infections can get serious and if not treated, will wind him up as an inpatient in the hospital.Any dentist or oral surgeon can also call him in a prescription for an antibiotic.Most should do that at no charge.The next thing to do is to contact a dental school near you that may be able to see him as an emergency.Having a tooth extracted is not an expensive procedure.An exam, xray and extraction may be in the $200 range.Most dental insurance plans are expensive and a rip off anyway.This is a serious matter and not to be put off or neglected. Most dentist or oral surgeons would be willing to help him if you can afford to pay something.If you offer nothing,they will be less willing to help.Clindamycin 300 mg every 6 hours is the antibiotic of choice at this point that your boyfriend needs to be on.I am sorry but there is nothing much more that I can do on this end to help him because we cannot treat patients on this website,only advise.

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 years ago.

Is there anything that is unclear?

Expert:  Dr. Katz replied 2 years ago.

Have you been able to get him an antibiotic?