Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I had my upper back molar removed 10 days ago, which caused

Customer Question
a nasal puncture. It was...
I had my upper back molar removed 10 days ago, which caused a nasal puncture. It was not an easy extraction and I was told it would take about two weeks to heal. However, I am still in significant pain. The area throbs with occasional sharp, shooting pains. I still cannot eat solid food. Is this normal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
8/17/2015
Dentist: Dr. Behere, Dentist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist
Thanks for putting up your question on Just Answer and requesting me personally to answer it.
As an average, I would say 7 days is nor la for pain to still be present after a difficult extraction. After that, if pain persists then it could be a dry socket, or an infection or just delayed healing following a traumatic extraction.
Have you had the extraction socket looked at in these 10 days? If not, please visit the dental office.
If yes, and an infection of the socket and a possibility of tooth fragments has been ruled out, then you will just have to wait it out.
Im sorry but it might take upto a week more. Continue the Ibuprofen for now, if that doesn't suffice, you can ask for stronger prescription pain medication as well.
Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me again for more information.
Please leave a positive rating if my answer has helped you. I do not get credit for it otherwise!
Regards, *****
okay-
If you are still there, please give me a positive rating for my answer, I do not get credit for it otherwise!
Regards,
Dr Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere
Dr. Behere, Dentist