Dental

Ask a Dentist. Get Answers to Your Dental Questions.

Dental

I have a back tooth that the crown fell off and it is now

Customer Question
Hello Dr. I have a...
Hello Dr. I have a back tooth that the crown fell off and it is now hurting. I am scheduled to see a dentist August 13, the problem is they told me to get a doctor or dentist to write a prescription for a antibiotic. But they would not do it. Is it possible to get a script online? I am 61 yrs old and the only thing I am allergic to is Penicillin. I get rashes for what I remember. I appreciate your input. Juliette Frankland
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dental
7/28/2015
Dentist: Dr Matthew Kremser, Dentist (DDS or equivalent) replied 2 years ago
Dr Matthew Kremser
Dr Matthew Kremser, Dentist (DDS or equivalent)

NO-it is not possible to write an rx online... and no dentist can write you an rx if you are not a patient of record...

you need to get in somewhere sooner... maybe see if they can see you for a quick emergency appointment and give you the script, followed by the possible crown reseat on the 13th

Thank you. Juliette

you're welcome

Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS
Mark Bornfeld, DDS, Dentist
Experience: Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine